Taking forward its brand belief that ‘Everyone Deserves A Future They Can Smile About’, Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited launched the Keep India Smiling (KIS) Mission – the brand’s commitment to provide foundational support to over 20 million people every year to enable a future they can smile about.
The Keep India Smiling mission continues Colgate’s 80+ years of commitment to build strong foundations and create a meaningful impact in the lives of people. It includes the company’s long running, pan-India flagship programs, like – Bright Smiles Bright Futures (BSBF) – to provide foundational Oral Health education, the Oral Health Month, to provide free dental-check-ups and foundational community initiatives like providing better water accessibility, women empowerment and livelihood programs.
Adding to these flagship programs, today Colgate launched the Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship to offer financial support and mentorship to people across India to help them translate their dreams into reality.
The Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship program has been launched in partnership with ShikshaDaan Foundation, a non-profit organisation that specialises in providing education and development to the underprivileged, and Buddy4Study, India’s largest scholarship platform. An eminent panel comprising Mary Kom – six-time World Boxing Champion, currently World No.1, and also the only female boxer from India to win medal at the Olympics; Dr. Priyamvada Singh – distinguished social development professional; Mr. Rajeev Grover – ShikshaDaan advisor; and Ms. Poonam Sharma – Colgate’s CSR Head, will pick the most deserving candidates for the scholarship and will also provide mentorship as required.
The Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship program is a distinct, national program which offers scholarships and mentorships across the fields of education, sports and community betterment. Interested candidates can apply online at www.colgate.com/keepindiasmiling
Mr. Issam Bachaalani, Managing Director, Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited, said, “At Colgate, we truly believe that everyone deserves a future they can smile about and we believe that better futures can be enabled by building strong foundations. Our Keep India Smiling Mission is designed to provide foundational support for both Oral Health enhancement and for various aspects of community development. Today, I’m very excited to announce the launch of the Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship program, which takes the Keep India Smiling mission a step further and provides direct support and mentorship to many deserving people to realize their dreams.”
Ms. Mary Kom, six-time World Boxing Champion, currently World No. 1, and also the only female boxer from India to win medals at the Olympics, said, “I’m very happy to be associated with Colgate’s Keep India Smiling mission’s Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship program. It will provide opportunities to so many deserving people at a foundational level across India and help them to build a better future for themselves not only through the financial scholarship but also through timely guidance and mentorship.”
About Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited
Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited is the market leader in Oral Care in the country. The company manufactures and markets toothpaste, toothpowder, toothbrushes and mouthwashes under the ‘Colgate’ brand, and a specialized range of personal care products under the ‘Palmolive’ brand. Colgate has been ranked as India’s #1 Most Trusted Oral Care Brand for the eighth consecutive year, from 2011 to 2018, by The Economic Times- Brand Equity -Most Trusted Brands Survey, conducted by Nielsen. For more information about Colgate's business and products, visit www.colgatepalmolive.co.in/
About Colgate’s Keep India Smiling Mission
The Keep India Smiling mission is Colgate’s commitment to provide foundational support to 20 million people every year to enable them to build a better future. The Keep India Smiling mission draws from our belief that ‘Everyone Deserves A Future To Smile About’. The different programs within the Keep India Smiling mission include:
- Bright Smiles, Bright Futures™ (BSBF): Started in 1976, this program offers dental care education and awareness among school children across urban and rural India, and has reached over 160 million children so far.
- Oral Health Month (OHM): Started in 2004, this program offers free dental consultation and check-ups to people across the country, and has touched over 40 million people so far.
- Save Water: Colgate has partnered with the NGO, Water for People – India Trust, to enable water supply and availability in Bihar and West Bengal, and most recently in the Amravati district of Maharashtra. Also, Colgate’s water augmentation program with Seva Mandir has helped 3,000 villagers in Rajasthan.
- Seva Mandir: Colgate partnered with the NGO Seva Mandir for a livelihood-based woman empowerment program in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- Saksham: Launched in 2016, this program empowers underprivileged and marginalised youth through an employability-linked skill development program and has trained about 1000 candidates from Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
- Pratham: Since 2002, Colgate has been associated with the NGO Pratham for their ‘Read India’ program where Colgate employees volunteer to help children with language skills.
- Keep India Smiling Foundational Scholarship: This newly launched, national program offers foundational support to deserving people – in the fields of education, sports and community initiatives – by providing them scholarship and mentorship support.