- EazyDiner launched its operations early this year in January with Delhi NCR and announces its entry in Mumbai.
- The Series A has been co-Led by DSG Consumer Partners and Saama Capital
- EazyDiner will use the funds to expand aggressively in the Indian market space.
- EazyDiner is currently the only platform in India to offer real time guaranteed reservations. This is coupled with critic reviews, insider tips, a loyalty program and exceptional deals.
In collaboration with India’s top hoteliers and restaurateurs, EazyDiner announces its entry into Mumbai. EazyDiner launched its service in Delhi earlier this year in January and has grown 25x in the last 7 months and will book 10,000 diners in August alone, up from the 400 diners in January. EazyDiner is the only service in India offering real time guaranteed restaurant reservations.
Now featuring over 19,000 restaurants and bars in Delhi NCR and Mumbai, with over 1,000 critic reviews, EazyDiner is a platform for restaurants and diners; a one-stop-shop for researching and booking over 500 restaurants instantly. Given the penetration of smartphones in India, 25% of the bookings made to date are via the EazyDiner iOS & Android apps and this is expected to increase as mobile becomes the preferred booking method. The platform also provides a customized experience to its diners through an expert concierge service, which allows diners to call a trained concierge team @ 786 100 4444, who not only provide recommendations but also assist with bookings at even hard-to-get-into restaurants. The EazyDiner platform helps a diner get great deals and discounts with every reservation, in addition to earning loyalty points with each reservation. Partner restaurants include some of India’s best restaurants and range from award winning stand-alone restaurants to top five star hotels. The EazyDiner platform also provides daily editorials on the latest trends in food and dining.
EazyDiner Advisory Council
- Vikram Oberoi, Chief Executive Officer and Joint Managing Director, The Oberoi Group
- Dinesh Nair, Co-Chairman and Managing Director, The Leela Palaces, Hotels & Resorts
- Dilip Puri, Managing Director, India and Regional Vice President, South Asia, Starwood Hotels and Resorts
- Kapil Chopra, President, The Oberoi Group
- Amit Burman, Vice Chairman – Dabur India Limited, Founder and Chair – Lite Bite Food Restaurant Chain Company
- Gaggan Anand, Chef – Owner, Gaggan
- Anjan Chatterjee, Founder & CEO, Specialty Restaurants
- Zorawar Kalra, Founder and MD at Massive Restaurants
- Marryam H. Reshii, Restaurant critic and gastronomy writer
- Rashmi Uday Singh, Food Writer, TV host, Author
- Sourish Bhattacharyya, Founder Member, Delhi Gourmet Club
EazyDiner also announced that it closed a $3 million Series A co-led by existing investor DSG Consumer Partners and new investor Saama Capital. Saama Capital’s current investments include Snapdeal and Paytm whilst DSGCP has backed Oyo Rooms, Zipdial and Mswipe.
DSGCP and Gulpreet Kohli, former MD of Chrys Capital were also investors in an earlier seed round of $1 million, last July.
Sue Reitz, Managing Director of EazyDiner commented, “We are very excited with the growth that we have seen in the last seven months in Delhi NCR. The response to EazyDiner has been phenomenal and we are ahead of budgeted numbers every month since launch leading to very healthy revenue numbers. With Mumbai, we expect to see similar exponential growth."
Mr. Deepak Shahdadpuri, Managing Director, DSG Consumer Partners said, “We have seen tremendous growth at EazyDiner. Starting with 400 diners in January the company will book 10,000 diners in August. I am pleased to welcome Saoma Capital as a partner and investor in EazyDiner. Saama brings significant knowledge and experience of the dining and technology market and we look forward to working with them to continue adding value to EazyDiner.”
Mr. Ash Lilani, Managing Partner & Co-founder of Saama Capital said, “There is tremendous opportunity in the dining out segment for a focused reservation play. With the curated content approach led by the illustrious Vir Sanghvi, bringing the convenience and ability to get real time confirmation when booking along with deals with every booking makes EazyDiner an attractive proposition for the consumer. Our partnership with DSG Consumer Partners combined with the team which consists of experienced hospitality professionals gives us confidence that we can build a very large focused company that everyone in India looks at before they go out and dine.
Founded in late 2014, EazyDiner is India’s first online restaurant reservation platform curated by India’s leading food critic Vir Sanghvi amongst others and passionate hoteliers with more than 80 years of collective experience in the hospitality industry. EazyDiner helps a user read concise reviews and recommendations by top critics, find great restaurants and bars, make online reservations within 30 seconds and every reservation comes with a deal which enhances the dining experience, whether it is a substantial discount or a glass of wine for every diner. Diners also have access to and can talk to an experienced food concierge for personalised recommendations. The EazyDiner Loyalty Program awards points which can be further redeemed for dining vouchers. EazyDiner currently lists over 19,000 restaurants and bars with menus and offers real time reservations at over 500 partner restaurants in Delhi-NCR and Mumbai. EazyDiner is committed to leading the Indian dining revolution with advanced database management of active diners and recommendations by top food critics. EazyDiner will launch in Bangalore & Pune by the end of this year.
For more details, please visit: https://www.EazyDiner.com/