Press release from Business Wire India
Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:00 AM IST (05:30 AM GMT)
Editors: General: Consumer interest, People; Business: Business services, Information technology, Media & entertainment; Technology
Kronos Makes Workforce Management Easier Than Ever with Workforce Central 7
Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States, Thursday, June 20, 2013 — (Business Wire India) — Kronos Incorporated, the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud, today unveiled Workforce Central® 7, a groundbreaking release designed to make workforce management easier than ever. Already recognized as the industry’s most intuitive workforce management solution, Workforce Central 7 expands on the unrivaled Kronos user experience with hundreds of enhancements to further simplify the day-to-day lives of managers and employees.
— Managing in the moment made easier – Today’s workforce demands a system that delivers key workforce information whenever and wherever it’s needed. Workforce Central 7 makes this possible through its innovative approach to managing in the moment. Highlights include:
– Intelligent, suite-wide search capabilities that instantly direct managers to the people, schedules, exceptions, skills, and certifications that they are looking for;
– More than 50 new priority-based alerts that deliver real-time notifications to multiple devices with one-click navigation to actionable content;
– Expanded employee alerts to keep employees informed and free them from contacting their manager with routine questions; Enhanced staffing capabilities that make it easier to transfer employees between locations, departments, units, or stores with a single click;
– A new “pinning” feature that enables managers to select and prioritize only the locations they deem most important;
– Schedule changes and postings, accrual balance updates, vacation approvals, and timecard status changes can now be instantly delivered to the employee’s device of choice be it smartphone, desktop, or Kronos InTouch® time clock;
– Enterprise-wide single sign-on and stronger security for Workforce Mobile make the industry-leading solution even more effective and easier to use; and richer contextual navigation across the suite makes finding what you need easier and faster.
— Scheduling made easier – Best-of-breed scheduling solutions from Kronos have been made even easier to use through a host of customer-driven enhancements, including:
– Configurable schedule views that make it easier for managers to display more employees simultaneously and make faster staffing decisions;
– Unique user interface improvements that support enhanced scrolling, panning, and collapsing of schedule data based on individual preferences;
– A new calendar view that employees can use to enter their availability and shift preferences;
– Improved shift-swapping workflows that require less manager involvement and increase employee flexibility;
– Shift requests can be initiated from a new calendar view and directed to only those employees who meet the eligibility requirements;
– A new schedule-to-skill feature that makes it easier than ever to ensure that each job is covered with the right employee skill mix based on anticipated labour demand;
– The ability to track and consider proficiency levels when planning for the right staffing mix;
– Even faster, easier, and more precise individual store budgeting and planning;
– “Smart operations” enables managers to create multiple locations by copying or moving existing locations – along with the associated configuration rules and option sets – from the organisational and forecast maps; and “Quick actions” in the scheduling widget allows users to rapidly edit and update schedules.
— Labour costing made easier – Workforce Central 7 delivers a host of enhancements to help organisations control their labour costs in the face of shrinking budgets and global competition:
– New labour views make it easier to understand the status of every grant, project, or work order that is underway within an organisation;
– An enhanced activity view with drill-down and roll-up capabilities provides incredible insight into the status and cost of various work activities; New activity queries help employees quickly identify projects, grants, and activities that are relevant to their workday and easily allocate worked time to these projects via their timecard;
– Employers that elect to have their staff work on multiple jobs/assignments with different supervisors can now require each supervisor to sign off on the employee’s hours for greater accountability and more accurate job costing;
– Employees can be assigned a quick pick list of departments they can make transfers to, making it simple and easy to allocate worked time to the appropriate department;
– A new version of the Project View Timecard allows users to customize their layout in a variety of ways including pre-populating commonly used pay codes to make time entry quick and easy; Workforce AnalyticsT now includes a core dashboard and pre-defined reports that can be modified and easily configured to meet a customer’s specific needs; and
– New metrics and key performance indicators help customers transform timekeeping data into strategic insight that can be used to improve performance and results with visibility to performance against targets, as well as the projected outcomes for labour hours and labour costs.
— Global deployments made easier – Successfully deployed in more than 100 countries, Workforce Central is the gold standard for multi-nationals who require a centralized workforce management system for managing their operations around the globe. Workforce Central 7 further builds on this success by introducing:
– Three new standard languages including Italian, Korean, and Polish;
– A host of functionality for Brazil and France, two countries that have some of the world’s most complex labour practices;
– Additional pay rules for contract-based employees; New labour rule extensions to accommodate region-specific overtime laws in several countries including China;
– Enhanced password security; and Full- or half-day time-off requests that are essential to ensure appropriate staffing levels in geographies that manage labour in days versus hours.
— Affordable Care Act made easier – As organisations prepare to implement compliance strategies for the Affordable Care Act (ACA), they need to optimize their full-time/part-time mix, gain insight to their ACA “look-back” period, and continually monitor their full- and part-time status, Kronos has introduced a wide variety of capabilities designed to make compliance with the act easy and painless.
— Aron Ain, chief executive officer, Kronos
“Kronos is laser focused on delivering the most innovative and intuitive workforce management solutions in the world. Workforce Central 7 is a product of the expertise and vision of Kronos staff guided by input, advice, and direction from the largest user base of workforce management solutions in the world. From managing in the moment via your device of choice, to finding value in big data, to helping organisations effectively manage a global workforce and all its complexities with ease, Workforce Central 7 delivers on all fronts.”
— Joel Hauff, assistant vice president, student affairs, University of Arizona
“Workforce Central 7 takes the concept of mobile management to a new level. Even more tasks that managers used to complete at a desktop can now be done in-the-moment and on-the-fly. We are also really excited about the enhanced scheduling capabilities which seem to be custom-made for our environment. With the addition of multiple assignments into the core product, this is a powerful new version of Workforce Central that adds tremendous value.”
— Stephan Millard, vice president and research director, Ventana Research
“Our research shows that the need to better assign goals and tasks to workers is a priority to more than half (56 percent) of organisations. Supporting these needs with a workforce management solution that is both innovative and easy to use has become a top priority. Kronos Workforce Central 7 delivers on both dimensions.”
— Register for a Kronos webinar about Workforce Central 7 on June 27 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern.
— Watch a video about Workforce Central 7. Workforce Central 7 will be available in June. Workforce Central is available for demo at booth #1443 at SHRM this week.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organisations in more than 100 countries – including more than half of the Fortune 1000® – use Kronos to control labour costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labour analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That WorksT.
© 2013 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos, Workforce Central, and InTouch are registered trademarks and Workforce Analytics and Workforce Innovation That Works are trademarks of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
CONSUMER, PEOPLE, BUSINESS SERVICES, IT, MEDIA, TECHNOLOGY
If you wish to change your Business Wire India selection please click on this link http://www.businesswireindia.com/media/news.asp and use your personal username and password to login.
Submit your press release at http://www.businesswireindia.com